Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Bella Blvd Fabric Style- Puppet Theater

Puppet-Theater_TiffanyHood_detail-1

I made this for my kids for Christmas. They have a ton of puppets they've collected, mostly from Ikea, and I've always wanted them to have a big wooden puppet theater, but there just isn't room, so I made them a doorway puppet theater that when taken down can be rolled up and easily stored. The theater is held in the doorway with a tension rod. I used a 5/8" rod, but you can use whatever you can find at the store. I made this theater 32" wide because that's the width of the doors at our house. The opening for the puppets is about 20"x18."  

Puppet-Theater_TiffanyHood_detail-4

I inserted dowel rods at the bottom, and above and below the opening before sewing up the sides. This creates a lot of stability and structure. The curtains are on their own rod and can be un-tied and closed.

Puppet-Theater_TiffanyHood_detail-3

The banner was done by cutting out and sewing on yellow felt triangles. I added a ribbon trim along the top.

The kids absolutely love it.

Puppet-Theater_TiffanyHood_detail-2

See more fabric projects this week on the Bella Blvd Blog HERE

Supplies:
Bella Blvd Puppy Park Fabrics for Riley Blake Fabrics, Red fabric, Tension Rod (I used 5/8"), Dowel Rods (I used 3/8 ") x4, Yellow Felt, 1/4" turquoise ribbon

Tiffany

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog post, I really appreciate such quality content. For any pharma consulting services - quickly get in touch with Pharmaceutical Development Group.

    Drug supplier selection
    Pharmacokinetics in drug development
    FDA facility inspections
    Exempt devices
    Adaptive clinical trial design

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...