Friday, December 21, 2012

Pebbles "Let It Snow" Christmas Frame

Three days until Christmas and I thought I was so ready.
We (Well- I- alone- in the cold...) shopped on Black Friday and got just about everything on everyone's lists, so then I sat back and relaxed, knowing that we were done.



Well, turns out we're not done.  And so I'll be bringing the kids out shopping for the next couple of days.
We also just took the photo for our Christmas card last night.  Maybe I'll make it a "Happy New Year" card.
How about you?  I'll admit- I'm a procrastinator.  I leave things until the last minute, but I always get them done on time :)  Maybe I work better under pressure.  

Anyway...
Pebbles challenged us to create holiday cards and gifts without using holiday papers and embellishments, since they don't have a Christmas line this year.  No problem.  


I dusted off my Cricut for this one.  Really, it had dust on it.
I need to use it more I guess.
Isn't it cute???
That darling snowman is from the Winter Frolic cartridge.  He's full of dimensional foam adhesive.
Then I cut various shaped snowflakes from the Winter Woodland cartridge.


Wondering where the "SNOW" word art came from?
It's Thickers that I stuck onto Doodlebug Sugar Coated cardstock and trimmed around with my scissors.
Then I stuck that onto a poppy parade piece of cardstock from Stampin' Up and trimmed again.  The white and red are separated by foam dimensional adhesive.


The other letters on the banners are Thickers as well.  That same pack has the little "burst" that's in the center of the "O."  I thought it looked a bit like a snowflake.

The banners are from the Hip Hip Hooray collection.  It's a banner kit that comes with tons of banners in different shapes and colors so you can make your own custom banner.  I love that little kit.  I need to get another one. I popped them up with dimensional foam adhesive and then adhered the twine to the blue paper with liquid glue.


The snowman's made with Doodlebug crushed velvet cardstock in white, and the pearls and twine are also Doodlebug.  The picture frame I got at Hobby Lobby and spray painted white.


And the little "snowball" is a dimensional circle from the Hip Hip Hooray collection.  The hills are hand cut.

Hope I inspired you to go out and make some homemade holiday decor.
Or maybe you already did- since you're not a procrastinator like me.

Wish me luck on my last minute shopping- and Happy Holidays!

-Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...