Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Doodlebug Mother's Day Card and Recipe Book Mini

This week the Doodlebug team received a great sketch by Design Team member Jessy Christopher to use to create Mother's Day cards

My mom's a big-time seamstress and cook, so I used the Nifty Notions collection to make her card. I didn't even need a sentiment, the die cuts and stickers say it all. She's going to love it, it's perfect for her.
The spool of thread and the scissors are Boutique Brads from the collection.  They're two of my favorite items Doodlebug has ever made.  I've been hoarding them.  It shows how much I love my mom to give her a card with such valuable embellishments :)

Here's Jessy's great sketch so you can play along:
We were also challenged to create a Mother's Day gift, so since my mom loves cooking I made a recipe book that she can put our favorite family recipes in (and then hopefully give it to me one day :)

The entire book was made using the Bon Appetit collection of papers, die cuts, stickers, buttons, ribbon, and brads, and a Doodlebug chipboard album. I also used Doodlebug's petite prints cardstock for the colored circles.
 The inks are new Doodlebug pigment ink pads by Color Box!
I love the colors- they match perfectly and are very high quality and great to work with.
The stamps are Stampin' Up





Head on over to the Doodlebug Blog to see more great Mother's Day ideas!

Thanks for visiting!

-Tiffany

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...